No Warranty on Fridge

H

hfriel

My 'American'fridge which cost €5210, 2 years ago has just broken, we never filled out the 5 year warranty card do we have any rights as this is a ridiculous time for a fridge witha very good name to break

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

If you ring www.consumerconnect.ie they should be able to advise you on your rights.

Can you also have a read through the posting guidelines again and familiarise yourself with same.

You will need to be more careful about the forums that you post in. I have already and

Ye they put us in contact with the agents for the company, which we then contacted and they more or less dismissed us as we hadn't filled out the warranty

I would doubt that 'filling out a warranty card' is a prerequisite for getting any kind of warranty.

go straight to the manufacturers. no joy there, start naming them and follow legal action as suggested above.
I dont think I ve ever filled out one of those warranty cards for anything Ive ever purchased and while I may have problems with goods, and may have had problems returning or getting service on goods, Ive never had a problem relating to the warranty card.

As long as you still have proof of purchase your receipt should still be good for your warranty period.

Back