Electrical Work Quote

JD77

I am looking to get 7 double sockets fitted in my house, in living rooms, kitchen, hall and bedrooms there will be some chasing of walls involved (mixture of solid and slab), can someone give be a ball park cost of this to include materials so I have an idea where I stand when I am getting quotes?
Cheers,
JD

It's impossible to give any kind of an accurate figure without seeing a job like this. Most electricians hate chasing walls (except in a new build) and would prefer to run wires on the surface. (the plastering, filling etc is not a job for the spark). Slab walls can be equally as tricky, it's rarely easy to fish a cable inside a finished slab wall.
Best thing you can do is ask friends and family for recommendations and call at least three of the names you get to come around and price the job for you.
On a new build 7 extra sockets would set you back about €350 or so.

It's impossible to give any kind of an accurate figure without seeing a job like this. Most electricians hate chasing walls (except in a new build) and would prefer to run wires on the surface. (the plastering, filling etc is not a job for the spark). Slab walls can be equally as tricky, it's rarely easy to fish a cable inside a finished slab wall.
Best thing you can do is ask friends and family for recommendations and call at least three of the names you get to come around and price the job for you.
On a new build 7 extra sockets would set you back about €350 or so.

I wouldn't except surface work . It is my pet hate. It is worth paying the extra to get the chaces refilled and anyone worth his salt shouldn't have a problem doing it.
Without seeing the job I recon 350 Should cover it, chasing and all.

i dont think €350 is enough ,i know electricians that were charging between €80 and €120 a socket in the good times without any chasing . granted those days are long gone but i wouldnt have said that they've dropped that low. maybe thats a "nixer" price, but not someone thats still paying tax, ins, etc.id say you'd be looking closer to €500 inc chasing

Back