fit Skirting boards rough price

Z

z104

Hi, Average sized 3 bed semi. How much would it cost to fit skirting boards downstairs only?

Kitchen, utility, hall, living room.

Ball park figure. Skirting boards provided by me. Price is for fitting,cutting only.

What walls do you have, stud or masonary, do you want concealled fixings, are the skirts going to be stained or varnished? All depends on whether you want a tradesman finish or just a wood butcher who has got his hands on a cheap auld chop saw with no blade left!!

stud walls, would like a good finish,Skirtings would be painted by me.

I could do a butchers job myself.

between 50 cent and a euro per running foot .for a professional finish walls spec doesent matter

between 50 cent and a euro per running foot .for a professional finish walls spec doesent matter
Wall spec does matter! Would you fix the skirting to a stud wall in the same way as as a masonary and plastered wall??

Last edited:
when someone is a professional ie a carpenter, and doing a job for a price then the wall spec doesent matter as he/she im sure has all the tools, knowledge and fixings nessary. now unless im mistaken the Question was "fit skirting boards rough price" not, how to fit skirting boards

If I was you donee Id just keep on running!

donee, you have a huge difference of in your rate of 50 cent per foot, surely that has to have taken account of what exactly??

i must have upset you and if i have i apologise! that said in the good old days of the now long since gone CELTIC TIGER/ DISASTER the price for fitting skirting and architrave was a euro per running foot, yes i know we have been metric since the seventies, and im old enough to remember them ( i had my bay city rollers tartan trousers as well) ie if the walls measured 60 feet then the price for that room for the carpenter was €60 that way there was no arguements. the reason i suggested somewhere between 50 cent and a euro now is that there, unfortunately a lot of very good carpenters out of work at the moment that would snap your hand off for some work. Please treat me with some respect i dont give opinions on things i dont know anything about so therefore i think only if someone knows what their talking about should they give an opinion

Back