deep fat fryers

asdfg

can anyone recommend a good deep fat fryer?it has to be easy clean preferably dishwasher proof. thanks.

There are no good deep fat fryers. It's far more economical to just eat at MacDonalds. Seriously.

they dont do home made chips in mc donnnells though.i know there not good for you i rarely use it .once every 3 or 4 months but i would like a good one.thanks though.

can anyone recommend a good deep fat fryer?it has to be easy clean preferably dishwasher proof. thanks.
I had chips from one of these the other day in my Mother in laws and they were fantastic.
Cooked with a tablespoon of oil, no smell around the kitchen from it, she cooked sausages, and pudding in it as well.
She swears by it and simple to clean.

I would be a oven chip person myself, just never bought a deep fat fryer, but we have to buy one now as my husband wants to make battered baileys ice-cream, he had it in a restaurant and absolutely loved it. He does the desserts in our house, so that is his next show stopper at a dinner party!!

So, we are going to Argos for ours, prob pay €30. I don't really think you need a good one or for it to be recommended, basically all you need is a basket can can handle really hot oil, especially if you are only going to use it sporadically.

I had chips from one of these the other day in my Mother in laws and they were fantastic.
Cooked with a tablespoon of oil, no smell around the kitchen from it, she cooked sausages, and pudding in it as well.
She swears by it and simple to clean.

I was so put off those when I seen a Watchdog show which showed them going on fire.

morphy richards stainless steel one with removeable basket. Easy to keep clean. paid about 50 quid for our about 5 years ago and still fine. [broken link removed]

So, we are going to Argos for ours, prob pay €30.

We paid even less in Argos a few weeks ago - around €20 I think. I'll check the model later - it's grand, very quick but the basket is a bit on the small side maybe.

I agree that deep fat fryers aren't as brand sensitive as other products but just be careful that the build quality is up to scratch and don't buy just anything.

It could be a right pain if the handle on the basket breaks or stops 'locking', or the lid won't close properly or something.

They are far safer than the older variety.

I don't think so..

Have a look at the Watchdog report [broken link removed].

Quote:
"Tefal says the Actifry is revolutionary, healthy and safe. But there's nothing revolutionary about a chip pan that can go up in smoke. It isn't very healthy, and it certainly isn't safe."

I don't think so..

Quote:
"Tefal says the Actifry is revolutionary, healthy and safe. But there's nothing revolutionary about a chip pan that can go up in smoke. It isn't very healthy, and it certainly isn't safe."

Thats the one. They also didn't recall any of them, so I won't be buying.

People it is nothing to do with the chipper realy but the Quality of the frying oil used and Potatos

I don't think so..

Quote:
Well thats me out as well, thanks for the link guys, I wont be buying one either.

Sorry to put you off Paddy.. there was a video too and it was kinda shocking.
Not at all Smashbox, cause I'm deadly for leaving things unattended well maybe not deep fat fryers but that device did look so safe that I would of comfortably let it off to it's own devices.

I was shocked with the state of it to say the least. I was thinking of getting one, then seen the program and now I havent a notion of buying one of them.

Back