Key Post Key Post: Bathrooms/Showers

I recently had my bath removed a shower installed cistern, toilet and sink replaced. Tiles removed from floor and wall and replaced. Additionally, he installed a downstairs toilet and WB tiled floor and walls - Total cost 5200 euro.

hi judi, reckon from what you have told me that the cost would be between €4200-€4800. hard to give a specific price as you can understand. i have seen some terrible resurfacing jobs. they cost €180-€280. you can buy a basic bath around €100. cast iron is a lot colder, longer to heat, and easier to stain and chip, totally a personal choice of course, but my opinion would not favour resurfacing.please pm me for additional info

Many thanks folks for help. I have another guy coming tomorrow and will see what quote is. Will let you know.

Back again. I got a new quote which fits in slightly above what Skingtile advised above and a new bath. (not sure if I can name the company involved). This quote involves installing a T90 Triton shower and a heated towel rail but not lighting. For an additional 900 Euro he will move the bath and install a Quadrant shower. Price does not include tiles but does include tiling shower, walls and shower. Have to buy tiles, grout, adhesive etc myself.

Any ideas if Porcelein tiles on floor and Ceramic on walls/shower would be ok.

Back