Cashing a Cheque

Z

Ziggystardus

Hi there,

Anyone know is it possible to cash a cheque say from an employer without
lodging it or indeed having a bank account? On a monthly or weekly basis?

Depends if it is crossed or not . If its only made out to your name you can sign the back and ask someone to cash it for you through their business ie pub , newsagent . I used to work in the pub business years back and we regularly cashed work cheques for regular and trusted customers also I had a newsagent for 9 years and did the same for regulars . Do you know anybody in a cash business who trusts you ? If its crossed with A/C Payee only or similar wording you need to lodge it to an account.

Made out to my name alright....Mmmm thanks for the feedback - i guess I could ring the bank!

Depends if it is crossed or not . If its only made out to your name you can sign the back and ask someone to cash it for you through their business ie pub , newsagent . I used to work in the pub business years back and we regularly cashed work cheques for regular and trusted customers also I had a newsagent for 9 years and did the same for regulars . Do you know anybody in a cash business who trusts you ? If its crossed with A/C Payee only or similar wording you need to lodge it to an account.

Actually BOI just told me that they would cash the cheque in the branch it was drawn from. Interesting. As long as it's not crossed or made out to account payee.

Back