Calling All Diesel Drivers!

ollie323

I have some questions for you oil burners out there:

What kind of mileage (mpg or L/100k, i dont mind) do you get from your car?

How would you describe your driving style?

What size engine does your car have?

Thanking you in advance for taking the time with these questions.

ollie

1.9 tdi

tank almost empty now after 525 miles on a full tank, tank cost 58 euros.

According to the car I get 65-70mpg when doing long distance and 50 when mostly city driving.

1.6tdi, on board computer is telling me I am getting 65.9mpg, I'd average about 1100km on a tank. 80% long distance driving, the rest city

2006 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci 136 bhp 6 speed. Mixed driving, mainly out of town though. Between 50 and 53 mpg on my own calculations.Trip computer gives slightly higher readin. I keep revs low, use 5th & 6th much as possible on national roads and motorways.

Between 44-50mpg.
2litre turbo diesel
driving style, modest

1.9 TDI
80% Long Distance, rest local 5KM hops.
Driving Style average/modest.

6.75 Litres / 100KMs
9 cents per KM at current fuel prices.

1.9 tdi passat
AVERAGED 60MPG on a trip to donegal recently
around 54/55 mpg otherwise.
Driving style modest,gets the gun when when overtaking.

Thanks for the repsonse guys. It looks like some of you are getting serious mileage there. Those of you that got 65mpg, have you tried to get better mileage? How did it go?

Ollie

Rarely get better than 11,5ltrs/100km average (2.5ltr diesel) and that is driving reasonably modestly. Still, do a lot of city driving so I'm sure that affects it.

Anyway it's a thirsty beast when compared to my previous Golf which averaged half that!

1.9 tdi
drive it like it's stolen
All local bad traffic short journeys
Generally leave the climate on auto.
Moved beside work
465 miles to a tank about 65 liters.

Used to get 650 miles commuting to arklow

Still tended to cane it though.

Auris 1.4 d4d van, €60 to fill and 850km a tank hard driving, and BMW X3 2.0d €75 to fill for 550km ! that's all local driving with new baby on board.

1.9 TDI, enthusiastic, 560 / 580 per tank, about 48 mpg, mostly on country roads.
Quick update. Visited Dublin yesterday and I brimmed the tank leaving home and on my return and got a surprising 63mpg with no "granny driving".

Quick update. Visited Dublin yesterday and I brimmed the tank leaving home and on my return and got a surprising 63mpg with no "granny driving".
Congratulations! If you got that for a year, you'd save some money!

ollie

Ford Mondeo 2.2ST TDCI
about €70 to fill the tank to the brim.
get about 550 miles to it and thats city driving
drive it normally, can cane it though when needs be as the engine is so nice.
mostly dont go past 5th gear when driving in the city
computer avgs 43mpg in the city and then about 49-51mpg on longer runs

Last edited:
Citreon xsara 2 litre costs approx 55-60 euro to fill it at 130 cent a litre and i get 600-650 miles out of it

Wife has a pug 407 1.6 costs approx 70-76 euro to fill and she gets 600-650 miles out of it

Citreon xsara 2 litre costs approx 55-60 euro to fill it at 130 cent a litre and i get 600-650 miles out of it

Wife has a pug 407 1.6 costs approx 70-76 euro to fill and she gets 600-650 miles out of it

And there, boys and girls, is the perfect example of why you should'nt buy a big car with a small engine ! It has to work harder to do the same job and ends up costing more !

And Peugeots are well experienced in making diesels too...

1.9tdi, long journeys, computer says 59mpg - some reasonably hard motorway driving, around town - circa 38/39mpg

Back