7 day cooling off period....meaningless!!! Vodafone.....

landlord

I have just been forced to change to Vodaphone from UTV Internet. I phoned them today and agreed on a package that would suit me. I was told there was a seven day cooling off period at which I could call any time to cancel. I filled out a verbal contract on the phone.
Just out of curiosity afterwards I phoned UPC and was offered an unbelievable deal which I couldn't refuse. I phoned back Vodaphone within one hour of the last phone call with them and the cancellations department told me that I could not cancel it straight away in fact I would have to wait for a text message to initially say I was connected to the phone line which would take a few days and then a second text message to say that I was connected to the Internet which would take a further few days. I queried the fact that this would take it dangerously close or exceed the seven day cooling off period but I was told there was nothing else she could do to help me. I feel like I have been trapped by them and there is nothing I can do about it.

Send the a letter immediately stating the facts

An e-mail also and if you do send a letter send it registered post.

Contact the Regulator for advice and let Vodafone know that you are doing this. I found in my dealings with them that they pay attention to the Regulator.

Back