No formal contract of employment - just an email

Its been a few weeks since I last posted and there has been development. I met with my solictor last week who also had the view that there was a contract between myself and my employer and by giving notice of termination that there was a breach. He rightly pointed out if they had given me a detailed contract in the first place which normally includes a clause on termiantions that they could legally have terminated my employment. Anyway I spoke to my boss and her immediate senior on Monday updating on the legal advice that I had and that I was going to pursue this.. surprise surprise the following morning they offered me another role within the department to cover out the remaining 2 years of my contract. I have to say I am quite pleased with this, it an area I would like to get involved in and I do like the people here. Nothing is guarnteed until I see the new contract, which they say they are drawing up. Just proves stand you for your rights

Happy Days, nice to see some people fighting for their rights, if no one fights for them , they will go away.

Back