Motorists insurance services - any use?

dubinamerica

Hi got a leaflet on this from the broker that we got our car insurance through.. think it costs either 25 or 50 euro ( I'll have to check). Does anyone know anything about this - is it worth getting ? Would we be better to go with AA for breakdown coverage?

I got a fully comp policy with motorist assistance from Axa. It was a good deal, cost about 350 euro in total. It covers callout, repair of breakdown where poss even for stuff like punctures, flat batteries (from driveway to highway), towing to wherever you want as opposed nearest garage. Havent had to use them yet so cant fully endorse it!

I have my insurance with Hibernian which provides free breakdown cover. I have used them twice, once when I broke down 20k outside Carlow town and once when I locked my keys in my car :eek: outside B&Q in Tallaght. Both times the people on the phone were extremely nice and the fellas that came out to rescue me couldnt have been nicer. The fella in Carlow even piled me an my friend into the breakdown truck and brought us to Carlow. Highly recommend them.
AA is about €100 I think. I cancelled my membership with them as soon as I switched my Insurance to Hibernian. Only time I ever called the AA, they said they would be 2 hours - although, granted it was 5pm on a Friday or something

Breakdown Cover would be a big influencer with me when comparing quotes at renewal.

Back