Electric shower Quotation

Pope John 11

I am looking to change the pump action mira shower on the 1st floor level of the house & install an electric shower. The reason for the change is because the pump is located in the hotpress in the family room & it makes a terrible noise when you switch it on.

Any thoughts of how to get rid of this noise, dampners etc.

I have heard that the electric triton 90 is quite good. Where is the cheapest place to buy this type of shower & how much would it cost.

Any thoughts on the plumbing labour to change from boiler immersion mira shower to the electric shower. Note the bathroom is located on the 1st floor half landing & the electric meter is located under the stairs.

Based in Dublin city.

There are quite a few recent threads on this.

See here:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=106344&highlight=electric+shower

And here
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=106662&highlight=electric+shower

and here
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=101106&highlight=electric+shower

In your case you will need a plumber and sparks. If your current shower is pipe correctly, cold fed coming from storage tank in attic, then it will be easy on the plumber and a two hour job max. They would need to blank off hot fed and just attach new shower to wall and connect cold fed, easy.
The sparks could have his/her work cut out for them routing a cable from board to site of proposed shower.

BTW I think you are mad to change over. It will be like changing a 05 Jag for a 95 punto IMO.

Apologies for hijacking threads - mods let me know if I should start a new thread.

I need to replace an old electric shower in a rented house - not sure of existing model, but it's quite old and I wouldn't think it's particularly high spec.

I have an electrician/plumber ready to install.

I was thinking of the Triton T80XR as I can get one new from a friend fairly cheap - has anyone any thoughts on it?

Read through the posts I referred too or post the model here. A straight swop should cost about €70 all in (inc VAT)

Existing shower is a T90 - forgive the stupid question, but if the new shower is mains fed and existing one isn't does that create problems?

Why not go for a T90xr, stairght swap?

Depends on mains pressure as T80 has no pump and is mains fed. It will mean a little extra on cost as disconnection from tank in attaic and reconnection to mains also in attic will have to occur.

Cost was the main reason, but if the T80 wasn't up to it or I was buying a sub-standard shower I'll probably plump the extra few quid for a better shower

Thanks for the assistance

BTW I think you are mad to change over. It will be like changing a 05 Jag for a 95 punto IMO.

Cheers Davyjones for the advice.

The reasons for changing over are the following:

1. The mira installed at present works off a pump located underneath the hot water tank on the ground floor level. This pump makes a severe noise when the shower is switched on. Any ideas how to reduce this noise?

2. The mira shower is in the main bathroom. I was hoping to change the main bathroom at 1st floor level to ELECTRIC, & at ground floor level install a new shower fed off the HOT TANK.

Any further thoughts.

Before reading your thread, I don't know about this kind of pump for shower . I find the solutions toward to your query. You can buy this kind of pump(T90xR) by spending up to €90. So bell is in your court. make decision. and about the place you can buy it online. also asking the prises to your local retailers. if their prise is not so high than you should buy it.

Hi everyone i'm hijacking this post too..I need some advice...I recently put in a pump in the hotpress and a shower in the main bathroom i purchased both and got a plumber (one of my friends partners) to install it..he is charging me 800 electrician included for labour and supplies..I know nothing about plumbing ect however thought this pretty steep.am i right????..haven't paid him as of yet

Back