Approx. costs to fit flat pack kitchen

Caveat

Hi

Need an idea of what to expect to pay, labour wise for ripping out existing kitchen and fitting new flatpack one with sink/taps + 2 work surfaces. Have all parts. It's not a big kitchen - L shaped, about 3 x 3 M + a few wall cabinets.

Any rough ideas?

are you stripping tiles, retiling, moving any sockets etc,what type worktop, sink back in same place, any integrated units,will floor tilng match new units, size wise.

are you stripping tiles, retiling, moving any sockets etc,what type worktop, sink back in same place, any integrated units,will floor tilng match new units, size wise.

Sink will be moved very slightly (about 10 inches) that's all - but I assume this can be easily done with extensions to pipes etc. No stripping/tiling or other changes etc.

Just standard basic worktops - the type that are around €100 each.

Sorry, what do you mean by "will floor tiling match new units, size wise"?

Wow - sounds a bit steep to me. Would have thought that this would take a day and a half max.?

yes €250 a day, not bad, i wish my chippy husband was earning that kind of money ! but i guess that's what chippys have been getting paid in Ireland but times are changing.

3m lengths of work tops need to be handled by two people so its two people for a day and a half .also at €250 a day i assume your going to pay their tax and PRSI or do you propose that they should'nt pay them ? you could also hire a solicitor for a day and see what he charges a doctor at €50 for 15 minutes might be a tad expensive and as i said including plumbing €500 is'nt steep at all.if some one a chippy was taking home €150 a day the cost to the employer is as im sure you well know is a lot more.

I'd say €500 is a pretty good price, if guy has all the kit needed (hole-saw, laser / levels, router, work-top jig, jig-saw, stud-finder, etc) and has a decent track record with similar work. You'll need to be able to supply a bit of muscle power for moving work-tops ( 10 minutes worth max ).

We paid €400 for a smallish L shaped kichen
But we pulled out the old presses ourselves

...also at €250 a day i assume your going to pay their tax and PRSI or do you propose that they should'nt pay them?

What on earth are you on about? No, I don't propose anything. Their tax/PRSI affairs are nothing to do with me.

you could also hire a solicitor for a day and see what he charges

Completely irrelevant - are you suggesting that a solicitor and someone who fits flat pack kitchens can be compared cost-wise?

Anyway, a few saying €500 is not a bad price but the wife of a chippy suggesting that maybe it's a lot. €400 also mentioned excluding the ripping out of previous kitchen - sounds a bit more like it though I can't see how it should cost €100 more to rip out the old one - one axe, one hour, max. I'd have thought.

I'll see what he says.

Thanks all.

you could also hire a solicitor for a day and see what he charges

You might well get a competitive quote from a few solicitors to fit your kitchen at the moment!;)

I'd do it, but you'd have to pay my travel expenses too.:p

Price will most likely be affected by your location. I'd imagine that removal of existing kitchen will require a little more subtlety than an axe or sledge hammer.

Price will most likely be affected by your location.

Very rural, i.e. in the countryside, North East.

I'd imagine that removal of existing kitchen will require a little more subtlety than an axe or sledge hammer.

Well generally maybe, but not in our case. It's practically falling apart anyway - dumping everything. All I require is that all the bits are chucked out the back - we'll dispose of it.

Any input on cost meathman?

What on earth are you on about? No, I don't propose anything. Their tax/PRSI affairs are nothing to do with me.

Completely irrelevant - are you suggesting that a solicitor and someone who fits flat pack kitchens can be compared cost-wise?

Anyway, a few saying €500 is not a bad price but the wife of a chippy suggesting that maybe it's a lot. €400 also mentioned excluding the ripping out of previous kitchen - sounds a bit more like it though I can't see how it should cost €100 more to rip out the old one - one axe, one hour, max. I'd have thought.

I'll see what he says.

Thanks all.
so you propose to pay cash, well you get what you pay for. "the wife of a chippy only wished her husband got paid €250 a day.in the boom he probably was and i think all her point was, was that he was getting it now!the quote at the end of your posts are i suppose of some relavance?

...and i think all her point was, was that he was getting it now!

You reckon do you? Try reading her post again. I think the implication is clear that she considers it a high price in this day and age.

Why are you even bothering posting if all you are going to do is read into things, make assumptions, be generally rude and not read posts properly?

yes €250 a day, not bad, i wish my chippy husband was earning that kind of money ! but i guess that's what chippys have been getting paid in Ireland but times are changing.
yes the word wish is definetly there imay come across as rude but that was not my intention and if ive offended you please accept my apoliges. but you did ask for a price of what other people thought was the going rate and looking back on the previous posts i think €500 is not an unreasonable price to pay ,considering all factors inc carpentry, plumbing, rip out, etc. with reference to my point about you get what you pay for is that even though its only a flat pack kitchen your installing i would imagine you would want the fitter to stand over and gaurantee his work . again to finish being rude to you was and is not my intention cheers donee

Caveat
We paid €400 in 2004 to have our flat pack kitchen installed. We live in Galway. That price did not include electrics or plumbing. Also flat packs can take some time to assemble before they are actually fitted..... we saved money by assembling it ourselves. Took us about 8 hours.

Thanks Ann

OK, looking like maybe €400 is a good price and €500 is fair then. I'll start asking for a few quotes.

(By the way, for anyone who is interested, I never mentioned 'cash' or anything like it and will certainly not be asking for a 'cash price' from anyone)

Thanks Ann

OK, looking like maybe €400 is a good price and €500 is fair then. I'll start asking for a few quotes.

(By the way, for anyone who is interested, I never mentioned 'cash' or anything like it and will certainly not be asking for a 'cash price' from anyone)

You can pay cash, then ask for a receipt, just make sure the quotes include Vat before you ask for the receipt.

Well generally maybe, but not in our case. It's practically falling apart anyway - dumping everything. All I require is that all the bits are chucked out the back - we'll dispose of it.
You may well find that somebody will pay a small fee for it, or at least take it off your hands. Put it on Jumbletown.ie or similar.

Back