Advice required re Pumped Shower

Randy

Hi all, I know there are already several threads regarding showers etc, however, I can't find an answer to my query!

I'm looking at a full bathroom refurb part of which will involve replacing an existing Triton T90i Electric shower.

My preference is to install a Grohe shower with mixer valve and thermostatic control. This will also require that a 1.5 bar pump be fitted beside the immersion.

What I'm trying to establish is just how noisy will the pump be compared to the electric shower?

I'm already sold on the principle that the pumped shower is a far better showering experience, but not if it's going to wake the dead!!

Anyone out there with a view on this?

thanks
Randy

recently got 1.5 bar salamander pump into hotpress on floor. To be honest it is noisy and i had real concerns at the start - noise is like taking a shower in the hotpress :). But we got used to it. Was goin to purchase a pump mat something like in the link but never got around to it.[broken link removed] Instead just put some carpet underneath and keep door closed. Little baby sleeps in room next and doesn't wake up with noise in the morning. The pressure is brilliant though and beats an electric shower anyday - also more cost effective as you are using whatever hot water is in tank.

I don't think there is much difference between our pump and our T90xr. If anything I would guess the pump is marginally quieter.

Back