Flogas -v- Calor Gas, any opinions on switching?

wbbs

I am presently with Calor but am getting a real hard sell from Flogas rep, on the surface the deal seems much better and I was not best pleased with Calor's hike in their tank rental charge so don't feel any great loyalty to them.

Is there anything I should know? something I am missing re the switching process? It's not quite as simple as changing electricity suppliers, existing tank has to be removed and new suppliers fitted. Obviously Flogas will up their rates after introductory offer is over but can't see any good reason not to switch. Any customer of Flogas, are you happy with them?

Gas Tank

Why not buy a private tank? When we first started to use LPG about 10 years ago we bought a Gas Tank outright. When we need a refill we just phone around to find out who offers the cheapest rates, Flogas, Calor, Tervas etc.
We are of course responsible for ensuring that maintenance is carried out but that needs doing only every ten years or so.

Last edited:
Never heard of buying your own tank, never even knew it was possible.

Won't be converting the car, not enough room in the boot for the tank. My mother had all her cars converted to gas over 30 yrs ago, they were fine big Ford Granadas though with plenty of room. Everyone used to tell her it would go up in flames etc etc, she must have had half a dozen cars or more converted and never any trouble with it.

Looked into the idea of buying my own tank as suggested, couple of grand for the tank and cert needed every year for gas companies at a cost of €100. Cheaper to rent it methinks!

Back