joint tenancy with ex who defaulted on $ agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprilw77

Really struggling to find any online help or other with this matter & desperate for advice. I was with my ex for 10yrs we bought a house together 50/50 joint tenancy & now he lives/works in another town (and did before we broke up). We split due to infidelity and dishonesty in his end if it matters, and now I have taken over the entire mortgage & the home is my residence. We had a deal where he would contribute $400 a month since in the end he stands to gain from any improvements I make as well as 50% when I decide to sell. Without notice he stopped paying & refuses to be taken off the title. I took over all payments in January and can prove that since I have done so it is the first time that the mortgage has been paid in time for this many consecutive months. In the past I was in charge of all bills/food ect. and he was in charge of mortgage with which I also helped, however he was always late incurring late charges to date & also a period of 2 out of 5 years where we faced foreclosure and then refinanced. First I think it's unfair that I'm the end he will benefit so much from my dilligence now and second I'm worried that he can force me to sell when I don't wish to for at least 10 years. Also I'm worries that he will try and just move back I'm if he chooses. ... Is there anything I can do? If I take this to court citing abandonment do I have a chance? I really need to know some options if anyone can help! Also have limited funds as far as buyouts & there is about 30, 000 equity in the home.

Hi April

Askaboutmoney is an Irish site. I presume you are not living in Ireland?

You will need to try to find an advisor where you live.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back