Sale of Budapest apartment Legal

R

rodger

Hi,

I'm trying to sell an apartment in Budapest and the Budapest solicitor has drafted the agreement as follows:

I get cash of 10% of the price and let the sale go through.

The buyer will then go to the bank and obtain a mortgage.

And then will pay the remaining 90% before June 30th

Does this make any sense? In any jurisdiction?

Thanks..

Makes no sense.

They want the sale done and dusted for 10% and when everything is signed over they'll get a mortgage for the outstanding amount.

You'd want to be cuckoo to agree to this.

No money - no sale - and 100% of it at that!

This makes perfect sense,to see where I am coming from you need 4kg of industrial strength spamspamspam and several litres of whiskey,consume both in a 24 hour period and you will likely buy the empire state building if offered to you.:)

I really think the question is being answered without enough information.

Big question is, what happens if buyer fails to get mortgage and the money? My expectation is that he just forfeits the deposit, you keep the house, and that's the end of it.

If the seller is concerned, he should double-check this with another independent, reputable lawyer in Budapest, not just an Irish online public forum. The laws are very different in every country, and local expertise is needed. We should not be giving 'Irish' legal advice for a Budapest situation.

Late to this but that sounds normal. Did sale go through? Anyone else selling in Budapest at moment?

Late to this but that sounds normal. Did sale go through? Anyone else selling in Budapest at moment?

i sold a 120 sqr foot three bed ( third floor ) apartment in budapest in early 2009 , estate agents sure know how to charge over there ( owned it for nearly five years ) but my solicitor was not unreasonable

dreadful country

Thanks, galway_blow_in.

Is anyone else selling at the moment in any central district?

Back