Apartment Insurance

RockyX

I have just purchased an apartment for investment purposes.

The management company insure the building but I understand they do not cover content or the landlords public liability risk on the inside of the apartment. Have mailed the management company and await reply

Has anybody taken out this type of cover recently and with who?

Any insurer does it. Its just a contents policy. should cost you no more than 120 quid.

not sure why you you emailed the management company.

I doubt very much you'll get contents and landlords public liability for €120, I couldn't get it at that. Mine was €310, for €20k contents and public liability.

A link to the company for that price please. Just want to compare like with like, because I got quotes from all of them.

No can do. Its anecdotal. I work in a brokers. I have clients with multiple properties and they arent paying much more than that.

Oh, right so. Dúirt bean liom sort a thing. Thanks.

Nope. Nothing of the sort. Don't know why you'd say that considering I mentioned above that I work in insurance. And I have actively placed cover for clients at that kind of price. RSA, Covercentre, Allianz, etc.

Last edited:
PeteB is correct here. You were ripped off, unless you have an unusually high and by high I mean huge contents sum insured.

I doubt very much you'll get contents and landlords public liability for €120, I couldn't get it at that. Mine was €310, for €20k contents and public liability.

You need to shop around, you were gouged there and no mistake.agree with peter you shouldn't be paying more than €120.

I would advise you to do a full check on what you are paying for everything from utilities to mobile phones to life assurance to car insurance, I would bet the farm that there are huge savings to be made on an annualised basis... Better in your pocket than theirs;)

Bonkers.ie is a very good site for utilities/financials etc

Back