Keeping BOI Credit Card when switching current account?

redchariot

Hi

I am pretty annoyed with Bank of Ireland hiking up their fees and free-banking non-existent and now want to make the switch to Permanent TSB thus saving an approximate €18 per quarter.

Thing is that I want to keep my Bank of Ireland credit card; I won't go into the reasons here but I would prefer to keep it.

Will Bank of Ireland allow me to keep their credit card or will they insist in closing it if I switch. If I can't keep it, I will probably have to swallow the €18/quarter.

If anybody has any experience on this, it would be great, thanks

Hi redchariot,

I moved my current account from BOI to PTSB during the summer and have kept both my credit card and access to 365 online. I don't think you will have any problems doing the same.

By the way, I've been very happy with the "switch" process where my direct debits were transferred from BOI to PTSB, and with the service I have gotten since the move to PTSB. It was all actually less hassle than I had imagined to move current accounts in the end.

aamusername

You should have no problem keeping the card. I don't beleive any of the cards BOI offer are tied to their current account products.

Back