Query on Payment when on Jobbridge Internship

JP1234

I have just been accepted onto a 9 months internship via Jobbridge.

I am not sure of the start date yet, he did mention on the phone that I have to start on a Monday and they were looking at next week (31st) though he said it depends on how quickly Jobbridge sort out the paper work.

I am currently on JSB which is paid each Wednesday. From the Jobbridge website I understand the payment is made in arrears to my bank account and usually takes 2 weeks to come through. To help me with budgeting for the first few weeks I am trying to find out:
Am I paid weekly of fortnightly?
Is the 2 week wait normal?
Presumably I will not have to inform SW as that will be sorted via Jobbridge but will I still recieve my JSB up to the Saturday before I start and how will that be paid?

Thanks

Thanks Clubman..I had looked at that and this is all it says:

You will receive an internship allowance that is equal to your current social welfare allowance (at time of commencement on the scheme) plus an additional €50 per week top-up which will be paid by the Department Social Protection (DSP). This top-up will be paid for the duration of the internship but in arrears and it is expected that participants will receive this top-up allowance approximately 2 weeks after commencing on the programme.
All payments of the Internship Allowance will be made by the Department of Social Protection via Electronic Fund Transfer into the intern’s bank account.

I also found out this via that link so many thanks for that, the impression I was given was that I just signed the form and sent it back!

If selected, the HO will give you an eligibility form to bring to your local Social Welfare office to be completed and stamped. Once eligibility is confirmed, the Social Welfare office returns (for eligible clients only) all completed forms to JobBridge for processing

Back