Prize Bonds are looking attractive alternatives to deposits

€50 today for me. I invested €55k on 2nd April 2014. I have won €1250 in total so far (1x€1000+5x€50)....2.2% return in 4 months.

Decent day today, 2 x 50. 1 from the 100k batch, 1 from the 33k batch

GDNemkh.jpg

Decent day today, 2 x 50. 1 from the 100k batch, 1 from the 33k batch

Ghoul -- when you get to your 12 month anniversary in a few weeks time it would be interesting to see a tot for your 100k batch. Looks like you are roughly on target for an average return, not including the serendipitous 1k win.

That's correct dub_nerd. After 46 draws, the 100k batch has returned 1100 if you count the 50s and 100s.

Or 900 if you count the 50s only.

After 18 draws, the 33k batch has returned 200, all 50s. That is a bit ahead of what I'd expect.

All prizes were reinvested in Solidarity bonds as soon as the cheques arrived.

In the next few weeks I will be cashing in the 33k batch (need to pay a tax return with it)

Roll on next Friday :)

Anyone know how much is invested in prizebonds in total - am guessing it increased a lot in the last few years

Anyone know how much is invested in prizebonds in total - am guessing it increased a lot in the last few years
It's on the prizebond website, usually a few months out of date. It's something over €2bn, and yes has increased a lot in the last couple of years.

Just one thought, the 1 million was won in Dublin this week.Does anyone here know or know someone who knows someone that has won the top prize?

Back