B

Bricks and Mortar

Belarmine Development, Stepaside.

I put my deposit down and contracted to buy in Oct 03
Original completion date was April 04..
Then it changed to August 04
Then Oct 04..
Then January 05..
Its mid February 05 and I'm still not in the place.

Who's the builder? Castlethorn. They're the guys building the Dundrum Shopping Centre by the way. And Adamstown.
I accept that reasonable delays can occur, but this is not reasonable, and no-one has managed my expectations.The agent Sherry Fitz only once proactively contacted me to inform me of a date change.

What are buyers supposed to do? Is money really that easy to make in the building industry, that companies really don't have to give a flying f*** about their customers?
In my industry if we treated customers like that, we wouldn't have any.

Not much more to be said except that maybe Lucan residents don't have much to fear in terms of the gridlock they'll face going to and from Dublin - since the builders will probably never get around to completing anything in Adamstown....

As far as I know the standard purchasing contract used in ireland has a condition whereby you can start looking for compensation if the building is not done within 12 months of specified date. So get onto your solicitor. Be aware that as far as I know it is stacked against you to succeed. For example, the arbitrators are appointed by the Law Society of Ireland I think and have to be agreed on by both sides.

I'm basing this on what I asked my solicitor way back when.

Just be lucky you're not down in Cork. if you were, you'd have almost certainly had stages payments to deal with on top of everything else....

Back