Developing a small business doing private tuition / grinds

Some really excellent points made in the above posts. Thanks in particular to Cole.

I am still determined to go ahead and my first advert will appear on Tuesday.

Any other advice will be gladly received.

In particular I was wondering if anyone had any views on how to plan each lesson in terms of topic to be covered?

I guess the aim would be to cover all topics during the course of the year, so in one way it would make sense to do revision of topics covered to date.

However I can also see the merit in covering any current problems the student is having with this weeks school classroom material.

Could be difficult to try to cover both within an hour i.e. potentially 2 different topics.

Any good suggestions please?

In particular I was wondering if anyone had any views on how to plan each lesson in terms of topic to be covered?

quote]

I always have a chat with the student before meeting and ask them what they would like to cover. At the end of the session I ask them what they would like to cover the next time. There is an argument for "starting at the start" but the student might be in the middle of another area and may be very hazy about something that was covered last September. Or they nmay have a good handle on it in which case it is a needless expense for the student/parent.

Makes sense.

Just wondering how you make sure that the course gets covered? or do you leave that to the student ( I am thinking not).

Back