Home Rebuilding Price Guide: Outbuildings

suzie

Hi all,

I'm aware http://www.scsi.ie has a rebuilding price guide, and will use it to re-evaluate my parents bungalow house, but I'm unsure of how to calculate their outbuildings, specifically their shed. Its about 4/5 metres away from the main house and its approx 15mx5m in dimensions, has a mini wall surround and the remaining skin of the structure is galvinised sheeting with a pitched roof. Height wise it would be similar to the main house (say 1.5 stories).

Would such a building typically come under their house insurance?

Thanks in advance

S.

What is the use of the property? Would your parents be better covered by a farm policy? If depends on what the defiinition of buildings is under the policy as to whether it would be covered. If it is just a fancy shed, then no problem. The SCS house rate would be more than sufficient for it. You could probably just do it a lot cheaper.

We had a similar issue. Does anyone know if we need to have the property reassessed based on each person's ownership, as per the deed? There are six of us that have 1/6 of 250 acres and some areas have outbuildings and some don't. How can we tell what the value of the land is? Do we average the 1/6 and add in the value of the buildings?

Back