My last employer ripped me off is my new employer......

A

Age25

After being made redundant from my previous job I have this year gone to work in a call centre for a financial institution. I get paid circa 250 Euro a week gross. I was sick for a week recently and got paid for the week but the following month I was deducted for the week as I am not permanent. The problem is is that my employer deducted circa 350 Euro from my wages. I asked them to explain the reason I am paid 250 per week for working but am deducted 350 per week if I am out sick. I was told that they calculate my working month as 20 days but my sick month as 30 or 31 days. Can anyone explain this?

He's wrong. He should not have paid you for the week correctly but he cant take any money from your wage without your consent. Did he ask first ? Did he give you the 350 figure if so ? He seems to be chancing his arm here. Try the link Clubman often gives out for your rights here. One thing's for sure this don't let them away with this.

We must take our summer holidays in winter.

Thanks Elcato and Clubman. I have just handed in my notice and I am moving to another job next Monday. I am certainly going to take this further. Incidentally they told us that we cannot take any holidays this year until October. This is a brand name financial institution.

Back