"Allocated on Arrival" accommodation

Bgirl

I have been looking at taking a last minute break with the children. Has anyone gone on one of these holidays and what were your experience of it. Thanks.

I did loads of these when i was single, usually last-minute bookings.
Think there was only once I was put in accommodation that wasn't in the brochure....and it was better than most of the accommodation in the brochure!
I'm sure some cautionary tales will come out, but my own experience has been good.

Personally "no" but know of others who have gone this way. Some great experiences and others dreadful. I guess it is just the "not knowing" that would prevent me from going this way. Suppose it is in the luck of the draw.

Sorry not very helpful.

Yes, I have booked last minute accommodation-on-arrival trips. I cannot say a bad word about them. In fact the unlisted accommodation was always better than the listed accommodation.

Sometimes, your travel agent can give an indication where your accommodation will be depending on the destination.

On our 1st ever holiday abroad, we went accomodation on arrival, in Yugoslavia, as it was then. It had a negative affect on our views of the holiday accomodation we stayed in for years after.

We ended up in a brand new 5 star hotel that had just opened. We were there to sort out the gremlins that naturally occur in any new venture.

On all holidays after that the accomodation was compared to the first place and all were found to be lacking.

That was just our experience. I'm sure others wern't so lucky.

Murt

I have been looking at taking a last minute break with the children. Has anyone gone on one of these holidays and what were your experience of it. Thanks.

Personally wouldn't take the chance when bringing kids - miserable time for kids equals more miserable time for parents imo !

we did it before - got a great last minute deal and ended up staying in beautiful all inclusive accomodation.

i suppose it's a gamble, some you win - some you lose. it's worth playing the odds if the price is cheap enough.

Haven't done it, but last autumn in Lanzarote staying at a place we stay 2-3 times a yr, mid-price range place, was chatting with guy in pool from UK, he got there on "alloc on arrival" for 1/2 what we paid. I thought he got a great deal. The only problem he had with the place was he couldn't get his model train magazines in the shop. Aren't the Spanish very inconsiderate :rolleyes: I guess it's a gamble as others said.

Back