Life Dept of Social Protection, Client Identity Services

PatMacG

can edit posts
I received a letter in the post today from an insurance company via the above service which I never knew existed. I had moved jobs, addresses, countries since taking out the policy and had forgotten all about it.

The way I think way the process works is the institution concerned contacts Client Identity Services with whatever information they have about the person they wish to contact (DOB, old address, name, employer, maybe even PPSN). They enclose sealed correspondence addressed to the individual and when Client Identity Services make a match, they post the letter to the individual concerned without disclosing any information back to the company.

I think it's a great service and I've phoned and written for permission to offer more information about it here.

Mods, if this post belongs somewhere more appropriate or generic, e.g. wills and inheritances, please move it

It hasn't cost me anything so far (maybe 30 years back premiums eventually?) and I've no idea what or if the insurance company was charged.

I'm sure the financial institutions, P.I.s and maybe even lawyers and Gardai know about the service, but I was thinking of executors trying to trace benefactors, how good a service would it be for them.

Back