Nationwide Software recommendations

ledger

Not sure if this is the right place but I'm sure the mods will move if necessary.
I am a book keeper who has just been made redundant and I am looking for work. I have years of experience using a bespoke system and find that I really need to learn the more commonly used software packages if I am to find work. All the job ads seem to require Sage, Tas, Quickbooks......Could some kind person please advise me which one would be best.

Do u have any accounting qualifications? I would worry less about the software as you cant say u used it so perhaps upskill on the theory and keep abreast of current topics, eg whats at the heart of the Tesco UK accounting scandal.
Try turn your current situation to your advantage and it will bode well at interviews.
Good luck

Thanks Ircoha, no accountancy qualifications I'm afraid. I certainly intend turning a negative into a positive in terms of the job search. I'm at the stage of life where I am just looking for something part-time but am finding most job advertisements to be quite software specific.

You might be able to download and install trial versions of the software packages from the vendors' sites or for a small investment buy "For Dummies" versions of the books or even borrow them from the library. Keep an eye adverts.ie, donedeal.ie, gumtree, etc for books, software or user manuals.
HTH
Best of luck.

Thanks for the sound advice Pat. I've found a few youtube videos which have been very helpful too. I'll definitely keep an eye out on those sites.

Each software has its unique features, some are common to each other. Some of them are fully functional and some are non fully functional, some are cloud based and some with desktop version as well. It all depends on your requirements, skills and budget to have a proper and best accounting software for you or your business. Well, there are numerous accounting software such as QuickBooks Desktop (Online too), Xero, Sage, VT Transaction+, Kashoo, Wave, FreeAgent etc.

Back