Silent night beds

stephen1381

Argos have a sale on Silent night divan beds. Anyone here ever bought one? If so, how do you find the matresses? Thanks

I bought a SilentNight Miracoil Mattress from Argos 2-3 years ago for €399 (half price in a sale) and while it was really wonderful and comfortable for the first year, it is now fit for the skip, as the springs on one half (not the side anyone regularly sleeps on!) have collapsed. Anyone sleeping on that side can wind up clinging to the edge to avoid falling on the floor. I can't find the receipt or guarantee but definitely wouldn't buy the same again!
If you're going to buy this, be more careful than me and keep the guarantee and receipt with other important house papers!

Sleep tight,

Ms_Frugal

Have to agree there ms frugal.. Getting a new matress after owning a silentnight for less than 2 years..

Poor. I always understood a mattress should last 7-10 years.

Mine (not silent night) in well into year 7 and all going well.

Highly recommend RESPA beds, bought direct from factory.... they have a showroom there prices way less than retail outlets.
Think it was Co Meath... Oldcastle.

I have the 6ft Silent Night divan.. if you have kids that pop in and out of the bed its really great to have the big bed. Really pleased that its as good as new 5 years later. Think it was €999 delivered from Ried when i bought it in 2004.

I bought a Sealy which is another brand of Silentnight "6ft" divan and have had dreadful hassle with it from the time I bought it 18 months ago. It was actually replaced after a year and now the replacement is also been returned. The store is actually allowing me to change to King Koil Kaymed. The bed initially cost over 4k.

Back