Sjodalshus

Guys just to update this post i visited them today and the windows seem excellent, has anybody used them? The price is remarkable compared to anyone else in the irish market that i have priced, all windows are triple glazed and you can get timber with a 1.3 u value glass and frame a special timber with a low e glass at 1.0 u value and you can also get aluclad windows they all open outwards

Supply only have to measure and install yourself, although the system they use for fixing makes it much easier to fit then the Irish windows! I have the architect technologist in my brothers office looking at the sample today so ill let you know what they say!

Well the techs were well impressed with the windows yesterday and could not believe the value for money, infact one or two of them are thinking of using them already!

Looks like i will place an order with them, they can recommend fitters for their windows!

I have no affiliation with this company!

Just wondering was there much of a difference price wise Jollyman, i'm in the process of building a house at the moment its a stone cottage type design so the windows are not very big. i would love to put in timber windows however i just got one quote today and it was for €36000:( that was for 4 French Doors, 1 front Door. 1 back door, and 21 windows .

I am saving over €25,000 to their nearest Irish competitor same spec windows!!!!! Timber triple glazed!

Hey Jolly Man, a few questions: Are they alu clad? Also whats the timber they use and whats the maintenace schedule they recommend? How about after sales service/gaurentee?

They are alucald apart from the bifold door which is timber. She herself has the timber windows in and has not painted them yet 8 years later! They use a slow growing pine from northern Sweden. Guarantee of 18 months! After sales im not really sure how that will fare out she imports full house kits too so im sure there will be something on offer!

Hi Jollyman
We are just starting to build and I would love a bifold door off my dining room. How do you find yours? Did you find the rest of the windows from Sjodalshus good? who did you get to fit them? Would it worth a trip from Mayo to view the windows?

Back