New Build Stoves

B

bt251977

Hi,

Hoping to start a new build in two weeks and looking to install a stove instead of an open fire. I know very little about stoves. Would like a free standing stove built into fireplace. Is that possible? Also is it worth getting one with a back boiler to heat a few of the radiators? Can you not have a wooden fireplace if you have a stove? Thanks in advance.

Hi, you can have whatever you want, we have a free standing multi fuel stove built into a brick fireplace with a big wooden beam flowing across it, called the Cove 2, we also have in our other room a wood burning stove, which stands out on it own on a big black slate, with the flue sweeping into it from the chimney. You can get one to heat radiators etc., just visit a place and they will tell you what you need, how much it will cost to buy, etc, you should find out how much off your plumber it will cost to connect to radiators etc. All costs are sneaky underpriced costs, which will esculate, in general, that is what I learned anyway!

HI Bt you can get an insert to heat approx 10 rads and hot water or just the room only. It depends how much you will use it in my opinion. You can still have a wooden surround with a stove but need around 600mm from the stove to the wood or it may warp/ crack the wood. We usually use a stone surround instead.
Arrow si40 is one that we have used with great success also parkray have a few models.

Back