Where to put washing machine?

If you've managed up to now without a dishwasher you would probably be better off selling it alright.

I often wonder if they're not more trouble than they're worth. We usually do the pots separately. The tablets are expensive enough or worse again is separate powder and rinse aid. Its a pain loading and unloading and you need to be careful about type of dishes and cutlery that do go into it.
I couldn't live without my dishwasher. The tablets are not as good as seperate powder and rinse. My dishwashers does the pots shiny clean. To solve the problem of loading unloading get a second dishwasher. Don't understand your reference to types of dishes and cutlery, I use stainless steel cutlery and my dishes are the type used in a restaurant, strong, durable and easy to replace.

Hizzy a condenser dryer doesn't have a vent, it transfers the water from the clothes back into water and you have to empty a tray/container regularly (which is a pain). I don't have a dryer because they use too much electricity.

Hi Bronte

Thanks for that, sounds like to much hard work, think I'll just stick to using a washing line.

Regards

Hizzy

I couldn't live without my dishwasher. The tablets are not as good as seperate powder and rinse. My dishwashers does the pots shiny clean. To solve the problem of loading unloading get a second dishwasher. Don't understand your reference to types of dishes and cutlery, I use stainless steel cutlery and my dishes are the type used in a restaurant, strong, durable and easy to replace.

Hizzy a condenser dryer doesn't have a vent, it transfers the water from the clothes back into water and you have to empty a tray/container regularly (which is a pain). I don't have a dryer because they use too much electricity.

Hi Bronte,

I would have agreed with you some years ago about the tablets but recently I've found them to be a lot better and use the Dunnes all-in-one lemon ones at the moment and they are every bit as good as the separate powder and rinse aid. I find the separates to be too expensive also.

The quality of the delph and cutlery does need to be high as any of the cheaper stuff does not seem to cope well with dishwashers.

Getting a second dishwasher is a bit off the wall space wise.

I don't use the dryer a lot but definitely prefer to have the option with the Irish weather. Its very bad for ones house to dry clothes on radiators and getting school uniform dry can be a pain.

Back