Building costs

corcoran1

Hi. I'm thinking of making an offer on a house. Its a decent price in a good location but needs a huge amount of work. Its a good solid house but its an executor sale and hasnt been touched in years. Ideally I'd want to completely gut the place and do everything from replasterig the whole house to new doors, architrives,flooring throughout, new bathroom, new electrics, upgrade existing gas central heating, new windows, new kitchen etc etc. I would also like if planning permits to build an extension of approx 40sq metres. Would anybody have taken on a project like this recently or would anybody else have an idea of the costs. I'm thinkng the fact that alot of builders are so slack that it should be a lot cheaper than in the last few years. I would also like to use an architecht as I feel that using ne would make much better use of the space. Someone mentioned a while back that again they dont charge any where near the fees that they used to(I may knock a few walls down inside aswell\remodel layout). Th current size of the house is pprox 1100sq feet and its in Dublin. Thaks.

Back