Ryanair bonus flights, need to travel both ways?

Glenbhoy

Hi all,
I have an MBNA creditcard through ryanair that allows allocates free flights to selected destinations when certain conditions have satisfied. As a result, I have 2 return flights to use prior to christmas and as I happens, I have to travel to Barcelona, and surprisingly Barcelona Reus is on the list of acceptable destinations.
My problem is that I have an early meeting in Barcelona and the flight to Reus will not get me there on time, however the previous evening's flight to Girona would be perfect (Girona is not an acceptable destination).
If I book the return to Reus and do not use the outward leg of the journey, will we still be able to travel on the inward leg from Reus to Dublin - note flights are expensive on the return travel day, so making use of the bonus flights here would be a considerable saving.
Advice and similar experiences, gratefully accepted.

I check in online with ryanair quite a bit and as long as you have your printed ticket in spain I cannot see a problem, ??

If you do not take the outbound leg of a return flight you are deemed a no show and the return leg is cancelled.

If you do not take the outbound leg of a return flight you are deemed a no show and the return leg is cancelled.
Yeah, that was my worry and if I don't think I'll be in a position to travel the day earlier, hmmm....

That does not apply to Ryanair. Ryanair are a point to point airline. Each flight is an entirely separate entity. Ryanair don't care if you don't use the outward flight, the return one stands. The flights are not linked.

For the record, I have done this many times and there has never been a problem.

Why cant you book your flight starting from Reus to Dublin return and then it wont matter if you dont show for your 2nd leg of the flight back to Reus?

Why cant you book your flight starting from Reus to Dublin return and then it wont matter if you dont show for your 2nd leg of the flight back to Reus?
Good thinking, but afaik the offer applies to flights taken from dublin, must go check the details - I think the only thing to do is to come clean when booking the flights (as you have ring up) and ask if this is allowable - of course you do run the risk of getting erroneous info, and obviously, there'll be no comeback if it proves so, that's why a wee bit of info from ye seasoned travellers often proves more useful!

Back