FAI debt write-down totalled €11.7m, debt now 50m

Branz

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2014/0726/633285-fai-debt-write-down-totalled-11-7m/

So here we are writing off 20 percent of the FAI debt, an association that makes no meaningful contribution to society, headed up by a clown thats on 1,000 a day, because, to use his own words: he is worth it.
And then, in 2015, we have the " ...including the friendly against England,..."
I suppose the seating is fully depreciated now so it needs to be hurled onto the pitch a la 1995
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lansdowne_Road_football_riot.

Moral hazzard indeed for the hard pressed home owners deep in NE being hounded by the VC's

While I agree with you on most of the above, esp Delaney's obscene salary, I wouldn't say the FAI make 'no meaningful contribution to society'. There the body overseeing the most played sport in this country

Yeah, apparently more play soccer than GAA throughout the country.

The most recent MRBI poll on participation in sports shows that more people play association football than GAA football , hurling & rugby combined.

The most recent MRBI poll on participation in sports shows that more people play association football than GAA football , hurling & rugby combined.

And yet, we have a league that cannot attract spectators and is very badly run.

The fact that John Delaney gets paid more in one year than the winners of the Premier Division win tells you something about where the FAI's priorities are. John Delany is our own little Sepp Blatter when it comes to hanging on to power with no opposition.

And yet, we have a league that cannot attract spectators and is very badly run.

The fact that John Delaney gets paid more in one year than the winners of the Premier Division win tells you something about where the FAI's priorities are. John Delany is our own little Sepp Blatter when it comes to hanging on to power with no opposition.

Totally agree , the interest in football in this country is in spite of the FAI & not because of it.

The GAA put their money into facilities 30 years ago, every club has changing rooms showers etc. Parishes rowed in to assist.

Soccer- I've togged out more times on the side of the pitch than I have in a changing room and i've been playing for 30years at this stage!
So you can guess where the cash has been going

The GAA put their money into facilities 30 years ago, every club has changing rooms showers etc. Parishes rowed in to assist.

Soccer- I've togged out more times on the side of the pitch than I have in a changing room and i've been playing for 30years at this stage!
So you can guess where the cash has been going

It was why I stopped playing when I was a kid. Loved soccer but other sports actually provided facilities. Got tired of getting changed on the side of pitches, ripped nets, crooked pitch markings on rubbish pitches that were unplayable most of the time and dribbling around stolen traffic cones in training. It's why I admire the people who give up their time every weekend.It has come a long way since then but as mentioned above, that is despite the FAI and not because of it.

Could be worse. Imagine you had spent over €30k on a 10 year premium ticket only to see them on sale now for lesss than €5k.

Back