PRSA tax relief

letitroll

Hi All

I'm looking to setup a PRSA. Tax relief is at 41% and claimed back

Is this correct?

[broken link removed]

Fill that in and send it off to your local tax office

That's for a PRSI refund is it not? And it's also my understanding that you cant claim releif for PRSI these days only PAYE at 41%

if you are PAYE then like me you'd complete a Form12 for the tax year in question. From this you'll get a P21 (balancing statement)

S.

Clients of mine have just submitted their PRSA Cert to the Revenue and got their refund without having to do a tax return. double check with your Revenue office that they will accept that. Otherwise, you have to submit a tax return to claim it back.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Just to be clear...are you self employed or an employee? If you are an employee and not a member of an occupational pension scheme you cannot make a retrospective pension contribution for the previous year.

Just to be clear...are you self employed or an employee? If you are an employee and not a member of an occupational pension scheme you cannot make a retrospective pension contribution for the previous year.
I have to hold my hand up and admit I was mistaken!

It appears that my reading of retrospective pension contriutions for employee's was inacurate and an employee can make a retrospective contribution before the 31st of October.

Thanks to Liam D Ferguson for educating me! :)

Hi All

I'm looking to setup a PRSA. Tax relief is at 41% and claimed back

Is this correct?

Not necessarily. The PRSA contribution (up to certain limits) is deducted from your income when calculating your income tax liability. If the amount of the allowable contribution is less than the amount of income that is subject to 41% tax, then you will effectively receive 41% tax relief on the contribution.

Back