Anyone know a good free & simple Organiser Program?

horusd

I hate Microsoft Outlook. I have the latest version and I find it very fiddley. What I want is an easy to do list, a calender and reminders. I don't want a load of filters etc. Just a simple tick-box thing. I used to use a slick easy program yrs ago called "Sidekick", but don't think it's still in vogue. Any suggestions ?

An application from Monzilla like Thunderbird might be what you want but I would suggest GMAIL also. At least you can access it from other PCs etc.
You can also set Gmail up to run like a client when you are off line.

+1 for Gmail, keep yer stuff on the cloud..... I have no fear of losing a phone or a hard drive, or backing up data.

Okay guys thanks I'll give it a bash. Strange problem with it tho, I have a TCD address (Trinity College) which is supplied by gmail, but it wont allow me to logon to this email for calender. I'll have to open another account. picassoman/sustanon excuse me ignorance, but if it's easy to explain, what is running like a client,and cloud? (I know, techno dimwit!). I think cloud means all my info is stored in some Cyborg somewhere in the nether regions of Google, am I right ?

ok, so do you post your pictures on facebook? that's posting to the cloud..... it's up there somewhere. if you lose your camera, who cares. if your hard drive fails, who cares :) you can access it from anywhere. you can set gmail up to interact with microsoft outlook. so you can write e-mails and send them through outlook while you're on the DART or bus, or where ever, and then send them when you have an internet connection again.

Programs like Outlook or Thunderbird are clients - they are installed on your PC.

I use to use Thunderbird for my Gmail emails but I found when I was on my work PC I was unable to find an old email becuase I had archived it to some folder on Thunderbird i.e. it was on my PC at home.

So I stopped using Thunderbird and just log onto Gmail directly. Also you can configure Gmail to act like a "client" when you are off line. I think it keeps a "cache" of your emails on you PC when you are offline. It then updates everything when you are back on line. Don't have any need to use this at the moment but this is what I would recommend and you can probably do what Sustanon explained about writing emails on Dart etc

Thanks guys for the heads up. I'll really have to keep up with some tech developments.

Back