Opening an Account with Deutsche Bank in Germany

I eventually had to go to Germany last Dec after trying everything to avoid the trip. It was a smooth process when I got there - a Branch in Frankfurt Airport, was done & dusted in 30 mins & spent the rest of the day in the city.

I eventually had to go to Germany last Dec after trying everything to avoid the trip. It was a smooth process when I got there - a Branch in Frankfurt Airport, was done & dusted in 30 mins & spent the rest of the day in the city.

What identification did you need to bring with you?

Did you have to arrange an appointment before? If so, how?

It's encouraging to hear its so easy to do on a day trip

Had to bring Passport obviously, Utility Bill and Bank Statement from here.

Gave the Branch at Frankfurt Airport a call and then by e-mail we set up a suitable appointment.

Thanks

Do you have contact details for them? I know others on here, would benefit from that sort of information

147oaks, was yours an “ordinary” deposit account or an investment account?
I filled up a contact formw3.db.com/en/content/contact.htm (I'm not yet allowed post URLs)

last week requesting information about euro deposit account and got an email reply three days later instructing me to to phone 00496991022534 – they said they required a minuimum investment of 100,000.
My understanding was that they were not offering ordinary deposit accounts at stated interest rates but that the money would be invested in funds or shares according to my instructions. This was not what I had in mind. They said other branches – the contact form was for Frankfurt – might have ordinary deposit accounts and gave me numbers for Berlin Munich and Dusseldorf.I haven't tried them yet.

I'd be very grateful for information about opening deposit accounts with DB – the kinds of accounts available and contact details.

Opening account with Deutsche Bank

I too would be interested in contact details for Deutsche Bank email or phone.
Also the type of deposit account and how much to lodge to open it if I went over to Germany

I too would be interested in contact details for Deutsche Bank email or phone.
Also the type of deposit account and how much to lodge to open it if I went over to Germany

I too am interested in this info.
For all the talk of Irish people opening accounts in Germany, its very difficult to get straight answers and relevant bank contact details and info?!

Try Berlin instead. I opened a current and savings a/c with Deutsche Bank last December. Have to travel in person but the process was very straight forward. To avoid bank charges on the current a/c - a non-online account was opened. I have the IBANs of both savings & current accounts but cannot see my account online.
So transferring money to DB is easy and I can do this myself.
To withdraw money you need to fax the bank official and he will do the transfer.
Here are the details.
Best of luck. And best to setup an appointment before you go.

Deutsch Bank in Berlin:
Christian Backwitz
stellvertretender Direktor

Deutsche Bank AG
Investment & FinanzCenter Unter den Linden
Unter den Linden 13-15, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Tel. +49(30)3407-2490
Fax +49(30)3407-4076
E-Mail [email protected]

Investment accounts only ?

Hey guys,

I would really appreciate it if someone here was helping me out about that.
I talked with a db representative today and they said that you can only have an investment account with us.

I just wanted a savings account to deposit my money safely and they seem to not be approving/doing that.

Does anyone have any clue about this ? No savings/checkings accounts in db ?

Oh,and by the way,which bank then would you propose to someone for safely putting up his savings ?

Thanks,

Great site.

~Kostas

Back