How to become a financial advisor?

The sense I got was that they werent getting harder, just subdividing (cynical people might suggest a money racket....). I understand that the pass rate is coming down also.

Plus the fact that all MCQ's except the last whereas under the current format both 3 &4 are written papers.

You would defo, IMHO, need to be on full study leave to get the whole lot in one sitting. Sure whats the panic unless you need it to switch jobs and at that an employer would surely take you on with, say, 2 done and 2 to do.

money man said:
is there anyway you can enrole for the 4 module course now before september.

Just checked this yesterday and the closing date was either last Friday or today. However, i think they would accept you if you payed in full in the next week or two. Ring admin at www.bankers.ie and check.

This is for the exams in September I'm refering to.

Hi,

I completed the QFA in a little over a year. I did one module every quarter and it worked a treat. It can be done in six months but why put yourself under the pressure. I work in financial services for a big international Co. I have approached a number of companies in relation to financial advising and financial planning jobs and eventhough I'm QFA qualified and have 9 years experiencing in stockbroking and investment banking. But without sales experience(2-3 years field sales) they won't touch you. Tired of all the knock backs I'm I am looking into opening my own FS company.

ranger

It's pretty much self study, there are tutorials that are a waste of time (for QFA 1 anyway). It won't require a huge amount of effort to get through the first few.

To sit certain exams and retain QFA status, I think that you have to be a member of the [broken link removed], , or the [broken link removed].

Costs vary-QFA 1 is €310 currently.

If this is work related, ask your employer if they will pay some or all of the costs.

Why are the tutorials a waste of time for QFA 1?

Why are the tutorials a waste of time for QFA 1?

In my case, the instructor was just reading from the manual and had no practical experience of the industry.

The QFA 1 exam is MCQ-everything you need to know is in the manual.

I am going go to the tutorials on Saturday and Sunday. I have barely even looked at the manual and the exam is in two weeks. :eek:

I am going go to the tutorials on Saturday and Sunday. I have barely even looked at the manual and the exam is in two weeks. :eek:

Plenty of time IMHO. Cram. The hard stuff is in later exams. QFA1 is fairly basic.

i am looking two start a course in jan to become a financial adviser can anyone help me in finding a course?Thanks

The best course is the QFA which you can do in galway which is where you are located i notice. Check with lia to see can you start in jan

Back