Looking for a bespoke stove to fit existing fireplace.

horusd

I currently have a cast-iron fireplace fitted and am thinking of getting a stove but wondering if it is possible to fit it into the existing fireplace? Anyone had this done or any suggestions/recommendations for a supplier in the Dublin area? Friends had one fitted last year - they got some crowd at the Bloom show to do it, and they are raving about how efficient it is.It set them bsck around €2,000 or so. It achieves something like 80% efficiency (whatever that means), anyhow I'm looking for similar but without costing the earth or ripping out the existing fireplace entirely. Any suggestions?

I currently have a cast-iron fireplace fitted and am thinking of getting a stove but wondering if it is possible to fit it into the existing fireplace? Anyone had this done or any suggestions/recommendations for a supplier in the Dublin area? Friends had one fitted last year - they got some crowd at the Bloom show to do it, and they are raving about how efficient it is.It set them bsck around €2,000 or so. It achieves something like 80% efficiency (whatever that means), anyhow I'm looking for similar but without costing the earth or ripping out the existing fireplace entirely. Any suggestions?

Are you sure it was Bloom? Because Bloom is all about landscaping,gardening and garden design,I dont recall seeing a stove company displaying there in the last few years.But maybe I missed their display stand,as Bloom in the Park is quite a large sized event.

Most stove manufacturers make small scale stoves nowadays that fit into existing fireplaces,they are more or less a "plug and Play" setup.

Speak to Heating Distributors up in Finglas or else Buckley Fireplaces out at Stepaside.

http://www.heating-distributors.ie/

http://www.buckleyfireplaces.ie/

Also go and visit LaMartine Fireplaces out at Balymount.

[broken link removed]

All the above mentioned have large showrooms and qualified engineers who can best advize you on your needs and wishes.

We used Buckleys for our large Stovax inset stove on our new build.They arranged a site visit and they consulted with our builder when the chimney stack and chimney breast area was being built.They did a fantastic job for us and the end result is a lovely big stove that is a real feature of our house.Serious heat from it too.:)

Thanks Flowerman, I 'll check it out. BTW it was definitely Bloom, the same crowd were at the Ideal Homes exhibition apparently, I have the brochure somewhere if I can lay me mits on it.

If the opening in your fireplace is around 16.5" then you will have a choice from most manufacturers of their smallest sized stoves.

You'll have to remove the back of the fire to give you the recess for the stove to sit in and to allow for the flue(s).

You should be able to buy a small, decent, stove for around €400 and you should allow the same again for flue(s) and installation. There are a lot of stove based discussions on boards.ie.

Thanks Flowerman, I 'll check it out. BTW it was definitely Bloom, the same crowd were at the Ideal Homes exhibition apparently, I have the brochure somewhere if I can lay me mits on it.

I must have missed their stand so as there was so much to see and do at Bloom.:)

They were loads of stove companies and heating companies displaying at the Ideal Home Show in the RDS and also at the Self Build and Improve Show out at Citywest this year and last year too.

There are loads of different sizes and makes of stoves, with hugely varying prices. We have a Stanley and we absolutely love it, the heat is great.

We bought ours in LaMartine Fireplaces as they were the cheapest Stanley agent in Dublin/ Wicklow.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Thanksfor the replies everyone, I'll check out the various options and let ye know how I get on.

Back