Advice using car auctions

Paddylast

My daughter has emigrated and I have been asked to sell her Peugeot 207. Have tried advertising on the various car sales sites but no movement so far. Am thinking now of putting it into one of the Dublin car auctions but know nothing about them.good? Bad.? Anyone used them and if so how would you rate them. Thanks.

Not being funny,but if you put the car on Done Deal priced correctly,it will sell.What year spec etc is the car and how much were you asking?

Anyone going to a car auction expect items to be cheap. Certainly cheaper than on net...I agree with vandriver...have you googled similar 207s to see range of prices on market at moment....not in garage as people will pay more for warranty n peace of mind...

Sell it privately on donedeal or adverts. You'll make nothing at auction. Only trade prices.
The 207 is a very good seller and should sell no problem.

Thanks all for your contribution.

Put the car up initially at 5,300 and now at 4,900 which is well below what most 207s sell for. It has very low mileage and in great condition and I believe the price is very good considering what others are advertising -some with much higher mileage and higher price!
Anyway, I'll advertise locally and see how things go. Seems from the advice here it would be best to avoid auctions.

Just for info... I eventually sold the car using private advert on a notice board in my local shop!!! Car was left on car sale sites for another 2 weeks and still not a move. Guy who bought thought it was very well priced. So much for done deal and others. lLesson for me - use private local notice boards in future at zero cost too.

Back