Planning permission required?? Confused

doireann08

Hi Everyone

I was hoping you could help me.

I live in a terraced house in Dublin and I am working with a garden designer to do up my garden.

I will be building a garden room that will sit at the end of the garden. It is not fully enclosed. ( i.e wall at back and two sides) It will be below 25sqm and once built there will be more than 25sqm open space.

Height will be about 2.7m ( flat roof)
I have been reading the planning permission exemption criteria online and there is one area that I am need clarification on.

"The external finishes of any garage or other structure constructed, erected or placed to the side of a house, and the roof covering where any such structure has a tiled or slated roof, shall conform with those of the house."

The external walls of my house are white and the pitched roof has red slates. The garden room will have a flat roof, one wall will be glass and the other cladded stone ( not painted white)

Will I need to apply for planning permission in this case?

to the side of a house
Is the clue here:
as long as its not visible from the front you are fine.
As its a terraced house you have no side anyway
For reference can u post a link to the online guide pls.
I want to check something

Hi Everyone

I was hoping you could help me.

I live in a terraced house in Dublin and I am working with a garden designer to do up my garden.

I will be building a garden room that will sit at the end of the garden. It is not fully enclosed. ( i.e wall at back and two sides) It will be below 25sqm and once built there will be more than 25sqm open space.

Height will be about 2.7m ( flat roof)
I have been reading the planning permission exemption criteria online and there is one area that I am need clarification on.

"The external finishes of any garage or other structure constructed, erected or placed to the side of a house, and the roof covering where any such structure has a tiled or slated roof, shall conform with those of the house."

The external walls of my house are white and the pitched roof has red slates. The garden room will have a flat roof, one wall will be glass and the other cladded stone ( not painted white)

Will I need to apply for planning permission in this case?

You will not need planning. You are essentially building a garden shed and must adhere to those regs. Less than 25 Sq. M. Height less than 3m for a flat roof and at least 25 Sq. M of garden space remaining n

Back