Aerlingus- empty flight but big price hike-will it drop back?

Lara

Hi
3 days ago I went to check a flight to switzerland with aer lingus for beginning of december - the cost of the outbound flight was approx €24. Today I checked it and it has increased to €140 (before taxes and charges)!

I checked the seating plans and it says that only 7 or 8 tickets are gone- it seems like a pretty big hike given the low volume of sales.

My question is- will i cut my losses and buy the ticket now or is there a chance that the price might drop back again?

Thanks, Lara

The seating plans won't correspond to the number of tickets sold.
Depends on how many felt like handing over more cash to choose their seat early.

Its a gamble. Now i dont buy when sale on as prices pushed up before hand.

Last xmas prices went very high and i waited till 22th dec and got a great deal for 28th onwards

best them to do is watch prices daily and wait for any sale to europe to end

Both Ryanair and Aer Lingus have been pushing up their prices. Even in the 50% off sale that Aer Lingus is having at the moment prices are still high because their taxes and charges are very high. The discount only applies to the ticket price. I can't see Aer Lingus dropping their prices. Ryanair may offer seats without online check in fee and without taxes and fees but you might only get these if you are willing to fly on a Tuesday or Wednesday and stay for a week.
It's worth it to check prices daily as I do and pounce when the prices come your way.

Back