Aer Arann ATR72

Happy Girl

Looking at booking flights from dub to Rennes france in the summer. Last
Since we last flew this route a few years ago aer Aran are now flying there. The aircraft is the small ATR72. Has anyone flown this route with them & what is the aircraft like to fly in. Am bit anxious bout flying on these small light planes.

I have flown to the UK a lot with Aer Arann in these. The are ok. Not as comfortable as a jet and a bit noisy, but they are alright

Have flown on them many times to the UK without any issue. I'd agree with the other posters, they are reliable and have a good safety record. They are noisier than a jet but on the plus side, 2 seats per side means no-one gets stuck in the middle. The staff are lovely and very friendly. The only thing I would point out would be the size of carry on. You are allowed much less and the overhead bins are much shallower so take heed of the carry-on allowances, especially the bag size!

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone for responses above.

I fly on these to the UK every week. They replaced their fleet last year and the newer planes are not nearly as noisy as the old ones. The food on board is very limited (and the new Aer Lingus menu isn't nearly as good as the old one).
I do find that passengers are more likely to feel air sickness on small planes but that to do with size, not design.

Other than that I agree with posters above; nice planes.

Back