Holidays with a young child

nwarren

Hey

My wife and i are just after having a baby and we would like to have a holiday this year just the three of us.

does anybody have a suggestion on where I can go on holidays with a young child (age 3 month old) time doesn't really matter and whether its home or abroad we are open --- we would like a bit if sun

Thanks

As long as you are prepared you can go any where with a new baby. I had a holiday booked aboard before my baby was even born as we had name decided before hand. Choose an area and hotel that is buggy friendly. We always get a room near pool and on ground floor, past few years we'v gone apartment route. Choose somewhere you as a couple would like as plenty of years ahead choosing kids club etc....

The only disadvantage we had was the flight evertything else was perfect,flight was uncomfortable as the child was uncomfortable and figity.
In the scale of things it was 6 hrs there and back so not really a big deal overall

We went to Vialamoura with our 4 month old daughter a few years ago and it was great. Only 20 minutes from Faro airport, booked a transfer separately including an appropriate car seat. Its a really nice spot, lots of lovely restaurants, beach, marina etc, and the Portuguese are very child friendly. We flew over with Ryanair and back with Aer Lingus as the times suited best.

We stated in an Aparthotel which was ideal as got Breakfast every morning and still had the space to steralise bottles etc. We were also very close to all the action.
Would really recommend and would love to go back myself but kids are older now and its not as suitable

We went to Vilamoura last July and of all the places we'v been this was our least favorite, found the majority of Portuguese people unfriendly, no man ever helped with with a buggy or held the door open, people cycling would run you over. No public bus system at all we found. Food expensive for what you got!

Hello nwarren.

have a look at Marina Park on the edge of Lagos town and Meia Praia beach, an hour form Faro you will find it online, also on homeaway.co.uk and ownersdirect.co.uk many Irish owners here. Most 1 bed apartments come with the little extras, kettle, microwave, washing machine, safe, air con in both bed and living room, Lifts etc. Large foodstore (Pingo Doce = Dunnes minus the clothes).
Luzcar.com for the car hire ( + save on the motorway tolls) and forgiving of little scrapes.
Lagos is a lovely town, not too touristy, child friendly and some great restuarants and the beach is beautiful plus the Marina area has a nice buzz..
Well worth a look.

Short flight will make a big difference, think Spain, Portugal, France, maybe Italy - probably not Canaries or Greece this time

As long as you are prepared you can go any where with a new baby.Choose an area and hotel that is buggy friendly. We always get a room near pool and on ground floor, .

I agree with all this advice. As the baby is so young it doesn't matter on self catering or hotel room yet. In relation to flying, try and feed them on take off and landing as it can hurt them and make them cry. I would go to a child friendly country.

Went here with an 18 month old. It's made up of two hotels either side of a small beach. Basically you can go from beach/pool to your room in 2 mins. Food is great. All round very good.

[broken link removed]

Last year we went here with a nine week old. All inclusive again and beach further away. Great hotel also and Palma Nova is 20 mins from airport.

[broken link removed]

Nicky

Back