Anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced hotel in venice

Cyrstal

Hi,

I'm planning a two night city break in Venice in May this year - just wondering can anyone recommend a nice central hotel - hoping to get it for about 100E night?

Thanks.

C

Venice is very small so don't be put off by not being next to the Rialto Bridge or St. Mark's Square. In fact you're nearly better off being away from them as it's fun finding them!

Venice is very small so don't be put off by not being next to the Rialto Bridge or St. Mark's Square. In fact you're nearly better off being away from them as it's fun finding them!

Yes that's absolutely true, though I'd strongly recommend try to stay on the Island - there's a lot of hotels on the mainland in Mestre just over the causeway - they are far cheaper, but (in my view anyway) it's just not the same at all even if there are frequent buses into Venice etc. etc.

On the Island you'll probably struggle to find anywhere decent for €100/night in May I'm afraid - but others might have some suggestions

Try Domus Cavanis near the Academic Bridge. Run from the main hotel across the street. A bit dark and feels deserted as it's rooms only but good value and you get to use the facilities of the main hotel. Great location.

We stayed in http://www.morihotel.com/ It was very pleasant. Moorish decor and a nice courtyard for very good breakfast. It's only a few minutes walk from the Orto vaporetto stop but print out directions as it's confusing with the narrow streets and alleys. Very walkable to St. Mark's and Rialto bridge. I would strongly recommend a vaporetto pass to get back after walking all day and it's fun to tour the Grand Canal/Murano/Burano. We booked well in advance and got the room for €175 for 2 nights B&B. Good info here www.veniceforvisitors.com

I stayed in the Hotel Centauro a few years ago. It was quite nice and reasonably priced. It's on a quiet little square near the Rialto. I would recommend it.

www.alpontemocenigo.com

An exceptional hotel at a very good price. Unfortunately this means it ranks No 5 in Venice's TA hotels and most of May is fully booked.

But if anyone else is considering a visit I would highly recommend booking this place well in advance.

Back