Overpaid BOI Credit Card since 2009 - They contact me Now!

Blonde Cena

Received a call today to tell me that I had overpaid my Credit Card (this never happens to me!) I never had a BOI bank account bu had this credit card through Permanent TSB at the time, its not a huge amount, but it has been overpaid since 2009 and they contacted me today to tell me. They have had my name, address & telephone number and I have only been contacted now. If I owed them money I'm sure I would have a received a call before now!

I was so shocked I never asked any questions. I dont suppose they'd give me any interest? They would have added it on had it been the other way around! :mad: So many times I could have done with that money. I mean 5 years!

Sorry, I don't understand.

Are you saying that you have a Bank of Ireland Credit Card with a credit balance on it since 2009? Have you not been getting statements? Have they not been deducting the annual credit card tax on it?

How is ptsb involved in this?

Brendan

At the time PTSB did't do their own Credit Cards so they issued Credit Cards through BOI. I had no Bank Account etc. with BOI so no link to them whatsoever. All done through PTSB. I cancelled the Credit Card and took one out with PTSB in 2009 but must have made an overpayment before I cancelled the credit card. Never received any statement from BOI ever it was all done through PTSB, from the date it was cancelled I never heard anything from BOI until today.

OK, so you cancelled the card and they did not advise you that there was a credit balance.

That is poor. They must be doing some clean up exercise now.

Brendan

Are you sure the call is genuine ? Did you give details over the phone ? This sounds like a scam.

yes call is genuine. Rang back to check and they didn't ask for any bank details etc. (I too was waiting for the "give me your bank details line") just said they would send out a bank draft. Gave me all my details address etc. (no bank details as I never had a BOI account) and asked for none in return.

Are you sure the call is genuine ? Did you give details over the phone ? This sounds like a scam.

Amazing.

It never even occurred to me. Just shows how easy it is to lower your guard.

Although this seems genuine, whenever anyone offers you a refund over the phone, your scam radar should kick in.

Brendan

Back