Reserved seats on Irish Ferries, Oscar Wilde to France.

Kimmagegirl

Rather than book a cabin I was wondering what it is like to just reserve a seat on the Irish Ferries, Oscar Wilde, Rosslare to Roscoff? I can sleep almost anywhere and suffer from claustrophobia so the openess of the reserved seating area might help.

As a frequent traveller on the Oscar Wilde, I can assure you that if you suffer from claustrophobia, then the last place you need is the seating cabin. The chairs are very close together and there is not a lot of room outside of the seating area, so if the seating cabin is even half-full, it will feel very claustrophobic. Go for the cabin, spend as much time in the open area either in one of the large bars, or along the corridor, then just go to bed in the cabin when you're really tired. I think it's important to have the ensuite facilities for the additional comfort.

Thanks Eithneangela. There is a choice of cabins available. Which type would you think would be more suitable for me? I notice for the dates that I might travel that all of the two beds with window are gone. It is more the heat/stuffiness that gets to me rather than the enclosed space.

I don't think a window really matters, to be honest. It's dark soon after leaving Rosslare and you're up and about the next morning by the time it gets bright. I'd advise a 3 or 4-berth cabin - they're slightly bigger than the two berth.

Back