Madrid Barajas airport - terminal transfer times

PMU

Has anybody any idea how long it takes to transfer from T1 to T4 in Madrid Barajas airport? I'm arriving in T1 and getting a bus from outside T4 so I need to collect luggage, etc.

Sorry no, but it is a very big airport, even walking from arrivals to the Metro took a long time.

There's a map here and there's a shuttle bus between terminals.
[broken link removed]

Ts 1, 2 and 3 are close together but T4 is quite a way away. Was there last week and would have had to pay extra on the metro to go to T4 (but was only going to T1).

Yes it's a long way but there's a free bus between the two - details here [broken link removed]

T1,2 & 3 are the original airport buildings - they're all essentially one long building I think .. T4 and T4S are the newer airport terminal which opened a few years ago - it's enormous (looks beautiful but not sure it's so well designed the amount of going up and down stairs in it seems crazy to get to your flight sometimes)

I would say it would be prudent to allow 30 mins after exiting T1 to wait for the shuttle bus, catch it over to T4 and find your bus stop for the next bus.

Back