Wrong forum should we increase our monthly payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

LONELY-EURO

Hi everyone. Two years ago I started paying into a 10 yr solidarity bond savings scheme with an post, I was doing it through a direct debit from our account, we still are but I reduced my payments last year when I went on 3 day week. My work situation has recently improved ( upskilled and got a new job) since our family is set to get bigger we now need to change our car, we have enough saved up in the 10 yr an post scheme(which I had planned to keep for the full 10 yrs). My question is should I use this money or take out credit union loan of 13000, if I use the an post money I was thinking of redirecting the 300 euro direct debit which is currently going into an post and using it too over pay the mortgage, I'm currently on a tracker mortgage, would this be a good idea

What's the return on the bond, I presume it's quite low. How much would a credit union loan cost you. Sounds to me it's better to buy the car with your savings.

It's probably not a good idea to overpay your tracker as this is very cheap money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back