List of fixed rate mortgages?

D

dublin2011

Does anyone know where there is a list of banks providing fixed rate mortgages? I know that Irish Perm. are providing a 5 year fix at 3.7%?

Looking at moving mortgage - loan to value is less than 50% and boths jobs (kinda) sercure. Mortgage taken out in Jan 2010 from Haven who don't do a fixed option any more.

It's quite a short list:

KBC, Bank of Ireland / ICS Building Society, Permanent TSB.

AIB offer fixed rates but do not accept switchers.

The offer you mentioned from PTSB is the best one out there.

www.moneybackmortgages.ie

You forgot NIB ;)

A list of Fixed Rate Mortages Here - I think it's fairly well up to date .

Ooops. :eek:

Out of interest, are they actually lending/taking switchers?

NIB appear to be, as they have not at any point publicised being out of the market, nor have they had much negative press of not providing finance as would be the case with some other lenders. I'm sure that they will be using the same stringent criteria as most banks these days - i.e. low LTV, strong positive cashflow under stressed interest rates etc. The rates are the best in the market for fixed rates from 2 to 10 years according to the Sunday Times best buy tables. Only way to know is to try asking!

Looking to borrow 300k. 90 per cent loan to value. Does anyone who the best variable or 2 year fixed rate at the moment?

Thank you all - have spoken to Irish Perm and will look at NIB.

gross rate or apr

Is 3.7% the gross rate? I thought APR was the rate that includes all fees - The APR is higher!!!!!!!!!

Is 3.7% the gross rate? I thought APR was the rate that includes all fees - The APR is higher!!!!!!!!!

This is discussed at length elsewhere on AAM. However, for fixed rates it would have been usual to just look at the fixed rate only on the assumption that one could switch provider on maturity of the fixed period. Not so easy to do nowadays, so the APR should be looked at. APR can be higher than the fixed rate if the Variable rate is higher than the fixed rate. e.g. Fixed at 3.50% for 2 years out of 20 years and Variable at 5.50% for 18 years would give an APR higher than the fixed rate. I believe NIB's APR and fixed rates are the among the lowest indicating that their Variable rates are good as well as best Fixed rates. The likes of BoI and AIB only have relatively decent APR due to the artificially low Variable rates ("under review") offsetting higher fixed rates.

Back